Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Direction

Today I feel out of sorts. I can't quite place my finger on it, but I think it has something to do with feeling trapped in this house. Spring please come early!

I need some alone time. Emily asked is she was aggravating me today. The answer was yes and since I have this horrible honesty thing going on the answer to her was yes. Today we just did not jive. That is okay. Those days are to be expected, especially when you are at home together for 5 days straight.

I, however, feel out of sorts with myself. I need to do something. I did some scrap booking that I haven't done in years. That didn't help. Only made me realize how incredibly unorganized I am.

So, I will make a list of things I want to do. Oh yeah, I also started cutting out my Dr Peppers today. That may have something to do with it. Back to the list. A little late, but a list nonetheless.


Things I Would like to start/do/ accomplish this year
1. pay off credit card ( 2 more months baby)
2.organize all my closets
3. purge all of my clothes and Emily's baby stuff (it's time no baby in our future and no size 12 in mine)
4. loose weight I don't care how much just start
5. have more dates with my husband
6. have at least a few hrs a week alone
7. Get a pedicure
8. tame my tongue speak before I think
9. Read the entire Bible twice (working on that)
10. Be a better wife and mother
11. Find an area of work that I loved
12. Let go
13. Keep my hair cut short and highlighted (it makes me feel womanly)

2 comments:

Jill said...

you are totally organized!! just look at that great list that you've got.
start small and then go for the big stuff.

I was just thinking about highlighting my hair. I've got a cut next week.... hmmmm....

I still want to keep Em for you and c to come to town for a date!

Jennifer said...

It's okay for Emily to know she's getting on your nerves or aggravating you, even if the problem is yours and not something she's doing.
From that, she will learn how to deal with people in a variety of situations. Just be kind and talk about it later if you can so she understands.
I used to have a red rubber wig I'd wear when I was really just in a bad bad bad mood. If the kids came in the kitchen and I had that on, they'd know to back away slowly and leave mama alone. Usually, though, they'd just laugh, which would make me laugh. Then Eli and Schuyler both wanted "mad hats", so we made "mad hats" for them as well.