Monday, February 9, 2009

A New Day

So, I have for a while been feeling jittery, out of sorts and on edge. I have blamed this on many things. I will say that I am stressed out, that I don't get enough time to just stop and think. I have also put a lot of the blame on other people. I have become very disgruntled at work, constantly complaining and even going as far as to look for another job.

Well, Sunday it hit me like a ton of bricks. GOD spoke to me. Not directly to me, but through someone and it became clear to me that the problem was within me. My heart has not been pure. My tongue has been the vessel that has been bringing these feelings upon me. I have begun a "tongue fasting." I have been reading the Bible but recently picked up this book that is about helping you tame your tongue. It is scripture based and very relevant and helpful. It is helping me to understand the teachings of Jesus better.

There are new feelings erupting inside of me. I feel invigorated, alive and very capable of changing. I have realized that I have been self absorbed and not looking to GOD for answers. I am hopeful, optimistic and convinced more than ever that GOD is real and loves me.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I love seeing how you are growing in your faith and love for the Lord!!
Blessings to you this week!

Jennifer said...

While I applaud you for looking within yourself for answers to your problems, I caution you not to take on too much of the responsibility. You may not always be the source of your angst, you know? Sometimes, other people or situations you have no control over make life difficult. You can't change those things.
You can change yourself, though, and how you deal with those situations. I think the most damaging thing about being raised in a poor environment (not money poor, bad poor) is that so many of those memories/experiences inform our lives and choices long after we have moved on to better lives. Like an echo.
You are doing wonderfully well, Sabrina. Don't change too much. You are worth a lot as you are, without question.
I know I am late in replying. I apologize for not being a better reader.