Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Am I Crazy?

So C has been on 1st shift for months now and Em has a well established pattern at bedtime. C's job is very eradic latley and so now he is back on 2nd shift. This is the first week in months I have been at home alone with Em at night. That well established bedtime routine, needless to say, does not involve me. Tonight she screamed for her Daddy till I thought I couldn't take it any more. Charlie Brown came to the rescue and that quieted her for a while. I have to work in the morning and she can seem to sense that as well. That means I won't be able to go to sleep until C gets home at 11. I am thankful he even has a job but the flip flopping of shifts is affecting Em. She misses her Daddy at night. I am woman enough to admit that she prefers having him around most of the time. It's a little girl thing I suppose.
So, to my question. If I struggle on a daily basis and most of the time the 3 yr old wins, am I crazy to even be thinking of having another baby? Am I a bad mother because I need a day to myself? I would love to get my hair cut. That would be lovely. C and I haven't been on a date in a year. Yep, that's right, a year. We talked about that last night. We need some alone time. Unfortunately, that isn't gonna happen. My mom used to watch Em a lot. Now she doesn't see her at all. His mom watches her but for brief periods and usually so I can work extra to make a little extra money. I have a friend who has left her 3 month old overnight already for a shopping trip. Em is 3 yrs old and we have never left her overnight. She has her mom's OCD, so I think it will probably be a while. Oh well, maybe I will get some sleep tonight. Em goes to daycare tomorrow so maybe she can interact with some kids for a change.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I'm telling you...
bring that girl over one night and let her stay with me!! Even if it's just for you guys to go out to eat....
even better would be an overnight thing.
I think she would handle it better than you think :-)

looking forward to seeing you guys!
j