Monday, December 1, 2008

Family and Friends

I have been busy lately but in a good way. Thanksgiving was a quiet, peaceful, calm, thankful day. I have been cooking Thanksgiving dinner since C and I have been married. It is usually a mixture of his family and mine. This year it was only his family which was a little sad for me, but nice nonetheless. My brother and his entire family, including the 1 year old, were sick with a stomach bug and couldn't come. My sister did stop by during the day, but was with her husbands' family. The situation with my mother is complicated, to say the least, so she was not there. C's parents, two uncles and cousin were there. They would all have been at home alone, so we told them to come on over. I cooked the majority of the meal ahead of time so Thanksgiving day was actually quite relaxing. I am thankful for my family. C and Em are my world. They mean so much to me. I feel I fall short of showing them. C's family has become my family. I know some of you have heard my rants about my in-laws and living so close to them, but there are moments like now that I am thankful. I am thankful that I can see how a relationship between an adult child and mother can be, since I can't experience that first hand.

Friday night my friend, her husband and two little girls came down. We fixed a steak dinner and hung out. This is only the second time the husbands have been around each other. They are a lot alike and it was great just hanging out. Her 7 yr old is amazing and Em adores her. Em is having some real issues with sharing, but I suppose this is to be expected at her age. It was so nice to have people at my house. I don't get a lot of guests in the middle of nowhere.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I'm planning on visiting!!!
I'd love to be a guest at your house... call me anytime!
:-)