Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Lovely Day

Wed. is story time at this library. Em and I have missed very few days. Today was very nice. Em was especially talkative and interacted quite a bit. . Her friend Grace was there and they were buddy buddy.
After every story time we check out way too many books. These are the books that we read at bedtime and we change them every 2 weeks. This is our routine. Kinda cute. Em picks her books based on looks, whatever catches her eye. I try to throw in ones I think are educational. She LOVES Dr Suess books.
Today she picked up A Mother for Choco by Keiko Kasza. Of course we had to read them before her nap when we got home. This was a great book. It was about a duck who doesn't have a mother. She looks all over for one and a bear finally takes her home and her children are a hippo, pig, and alligator. I immediately thought of how this would be a great book for children of different ethnic backgrounds who are adopted or biracial children. Loved this book.



Sooooo. I have a long standing feud with the baby monitor. Yes, still in use. Yes, my daughter is 3. Blame Coleman not me. Well, today I can say with confidence ( I think) that the monitor will be gone. After Emily went down for a nap I was doing laundry and talking to Coleman on the phone. I turned around and there was Emily. She said "The buttons on my shirt came undone. I need you to fix them." Scared the crap out of me. Just like that she learned she could get up, open the door and come to me. After about 10 times this wasn't cute anymore. We had a talk. I told her she could only get up after she had slept and woke up or if she needed mommy. (That one is wide open) So far she is still in bed. We shall see! Wish me luck.

No comments: