Tuesday, April 21, 2009

oh happy day!!!!

Well, I did it. It is official. I quit my job. I will no longer be working the weekends. My 28 day notice starts today. The horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach is easing, my headache is still there however. I am giving up quite a bit of money, but money is not everything. In fact, it is nothing more than a nuisance if you ask me.

I will be starting a job working three days a week, an occasional weekend and an occasional holiday. The great part is it will be in the area that I love with people who actually want to work with me. Going back home to the Recovery Room. The only real nursing job I ever really thoroughly enjoyed. . That is always a plus. To be honest I didn’t know I was that bad. Maybe I am. Maybe like my brother I expect too much out of people. Honesty, equality, freedom from harm, freedom from persecution. Just a wish list of things I would like in a job. You would think that would not be too hard to achieve. I have a sense of relief. I don’t feel like I’m going to throw up at any minute or my heart is going to jump out of my chest.

Guess what. I will be going to the beach. I will be off June 27&28 and I won’t be working the 4th of July. Sorry to ruin the evil plan to ruin my vacation !!!!!!!!! Summer here I come. Thank you GOD for guiding me on this path and for the great people in PACU who are taking me in with open arms. Maybe one day I will settle in one spot. Until then !So long,
The Traveling Nomad Nurse

As an afterthought I love our new dog!!!