Sunday, April 5, 2009

Random

My bathroom is almost finished. The shade of blue is the color of the ocean. Coleman replaced all the lights and the fixtures. So pretty. My bedroom is going to be the color of sand. My little sea and sand escape I hope. Coleman is so handy, handy but very slow. I'm not speaking ill of him. He is well aware of this.

Em's Papa sells one of the calf's each year and gives the money to Em. We normally put it away for her but this time we used it to buy her a play yard. It has a clubhouse and a curvy slide, an area for drawing with chalk and a sandbox. I'm excited. We are planning to be at home a lot this summer, so I'm sure she will enjoy it. It was fairly cheap too. That is always a plus. Just wonder how long the assembly will take.

I have a neighbor, if that is what you want to call it. She lives across the road. She is younger than Coleman but he grew up around her. She is a very nice person, but we for whatever reason just haven't talked that much. She has a daughter that was born just one month after Em. A couple of weeks ago she called and asked if Emily wanted to play. We did. They were cute together. The same height, the same cute curls. We then invited them to start going to story time with us on Thurs. nights. They have been going every week.. She also has a 6 month old boy. This past week she called me up in a jam daycare and I ended up watching her kids for her. I was excited. I felt like I had a neighbor friend, a buddy. This may be beneficial to us both since our girls will be going to school together, in the middle of nowhere.

As a side note, yeah I think we are done having kids. I couldn't remember how to mix formula. Changing the diaper was odd. It's like once you get out of that mindset it is so hard to go back. I am content with my little angel. I love the age she is now. So inquisitive, like a sponge soaking up
everything.

In May I will start working Friday and Sat. nights. I will actually be off on Sundays and may be able to start back to church. I am really looking forward to a lot of things coming up. We are going to TN for an anniversary trip in May, then the beach in June. I am happy tonight as I write.

1 comment:

Jill said...

yay! I am thrilled that you are getting to know your neighbor!! :-)
I hope that you two can really enjoy each other's company!!