Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Bad Weekend

Well, another day passed and I found myself at the bedside of another dying person. A person who touched my life in many ways and who I would like think that I had touched. It is hard to be a nurse and see people pass away all around you and come back the next day and do it all over again. When they are older it doesn't seem to bother me as much. I guess I feel that they have lived their lives. When they are so young it is hard for me to grasp. His little girl was 9, only 3 years younger than me when my dad passed. I looked at her eyes and saw me. A scared little girl not sure what the future held or what had just happened. One minute we are here and the next we are gone. Life is short and should be spent cherishing every moment. I suppose that is easier said than done. C is a believer, but has never been saved. I don't know how I would deal with the thought of not being able to see him again. I try not to push him, but we are not promised tomorrow. Do I get too attached to people? Should I not become so involved? Does that make it easier to bear or is that denying who I am? I had lunch with my mother today. Do I let go of my anger about that situation and just let it be? Oh well too many rambling thoughts for today, but at least they're out of my head for now.

1 comment:

Jill said...

that's the joy of blogging. just getting those thoughts out of your head is a good thing.
thanks for sharing!!
see you soon!