Saturday, October 25, 2008

I am sad

I didn't grow up knowing what I was going to be when I grew up. It wasn't until later in life that I was led down the path of being a nurse. We all have reasons for choosing certain paths, but somehow I think GOD chose this path for me. Tonight I was not a nurse. I was a daughter, a friend, and a very sad person. I have not touched the hand of a person who has died since my father passed when I was 12. Tonight I held tightly to a woman that, although I didn't know for very long touched me. Her cold hand in mine I was no longer a nurse but feeling what her daughter felt as she stood there and looked at her mother who not hours ago was playing with her grand baby. GOD put us in each others paths so we might touch each other. May we not go blindly about our lives, our work. Stop to think of the lives of those around us and how we can make them better, brighter, if even for a little while. As I go to sleep tonight I am sad and thankful at the same time. I will be praying for my other buddy. They don't tell you this part in nursing school.

1 comment:

Jill said...

What an important thing you have experienced.... but tough.
I'll be praying for you!
I'll second your thoughts about life and love...
:)