Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Ups and Downs of Motherhood

Well I have never been accused of having an abundance of patience but lately the supply has been even more depleted. E will be 3 in a few months but sometimes I feel like I'm trying to reason with a teenager.My husband says it's like watching me talk to myself. We are a lot alike. We both have some anal, gotta have things just so traits. I have come to the conclusion that those moms that pretend that their children are angels all the time and life is always blissful are the ones who aren't really raising their children. Parenting is hard work. It's not something you can just do from 6pm til 8pm at night. I think that E gets tired of being around me sometimes. We have been paying for daycare for a few months to take her 1 day a week. I was convinced she needed some interaction with other kids since we live in the middle of nowhere and kids are few and far between in these parts. I end up keeping her home with me because I just want to spend the time with her. I think it might be better for the both of us if she did go one day a week. Moms do need mommy time. There is nothing wrong with that. I do think there is something wrong with not working and putting your child in daycare 5 days a week. So I work only on the weekend and E stays at home with Daddy. It seems when she has a little break from me she enjoys the time we spend together more. Monday we had a great day. While she was on the potty she looks up at me and says "Mom you are my best friend." That makes it all worth while

No comments: