Sunday, October 5, 2008

My little girl is not so little

Well E is not so little anymore. I guess this just didn't happen over night. We went to the ZOO the other week and she rode the Merry-Go-Round. I thought she was going to freak out so I started her out slow on the giraffe that didn't do up and down. It wasn't long before she was ready for the spinning nest. Then she was on to the elephant that went up and down. She was such a big girl. She walked a lot of the way. So we went to the fair and she spotted the Merry-Go Round. Of course she wanted to ride that. This one was, however, not quite as nice. She rode this. Then she spotted the train. I asked if I could ride with her, but the attendant informed me I was to big. Well, she rode all by herself. It was the cutest thing.
As E was taking her bath tonight she says “Momma, I need Check Spellingto shave my back.” I looked down at the dark brown fuzz on her back and laughed. Before you know it she’ll be shaving her legs. She had pictures at her daycare today. What? Is she old enough for that? She is emerging into an opinionated spirited little lady. She says last night “I’m a good dancer mom. Want to see my spinning kick?” Where did that come from? She makes me laugh, smile and want to pull my hair out on a regular basis. She is the most rewarding part of my life. I treasure every moment. I only hope that God will see fit to give her a brother or sister to share life with.

1 comment:

Jill said...

:-)
they grow so quickly!!
I'm glad that you are able to spend time with her during this adorable stage!